Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring Break!

I just have to say thanks to the Thompsons for wanting me to come to Florida with A and S. It has been so lovely!
We had a very early flight on Sunday, so we were pretty tired the whole way. Getting the car was a hassle, but by 1 we were finally crossing the big bridge to Bradenton! The weather had been stormy, but cleared as we drove south. By mid-afternoon there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I left the kids with "Pop-pop" and went to see Trisa. We had a marvelous time catching up on the years. We drove to Anna Maria Island and walked along the beach for about an hour. It was chilly enough for a jacket, but I did take off my sandals and walk in the water. (I'll upload photos later!) Then we drove all the way along the island until it ended at Lido Beach. Had some fish and chips and drinks at a place right on a marina as the sun was going down. Clear skies, no wind. Gorgeous! Drove back up through Sarasota and home to her house, which is only about 5 minutes from Bud's.
Then I drove to Gloria's and spent the next few hours having a great time catching up with her. It is so good to have friends that we just pick up where we left off in spite of years in between. Of course facebook has made that easier! I was sooooo tired by bedtime!
Yesterday I drove to Bud's and found out the kids were going to Siesta Key, they were gone already, so I went and picked up my brother -in-law, Doug and we spent a couple hours at Holmes Beach on Anna Maria Island. I didn't even get sun-burned even though there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I can't say the same for Doug...ha!
Last night I ate dinner with Gloria and her family. Then we walked along DeSoto National Monument trails that are just about 2 miles from her house. She lives about 5 minutes from Doug, too!

5 comments:

Emily said...

sounds sooooo nice and WARM!!

K said...

I knew this post would eventually arrive, the one where you are basking in sunshine on the beach and we are...
FREEZING!!!
As in blowing snow and 37 degrees with 28 mph winds...
((rejoicewiththosewhorejoice, rejoicewiththosewhorejoice...))

In all seriousness, ENJOY!! T & I spent a glorious weekend at Siesta Key longlong ago. Gorgeous!

See you soon!

linneaminich said...

wow, it sounds great! it keeps being cold in South Carolina.

sperlonga said...

I'll write more on Thursday when I get home and upload photos then.

Joetta said...

Bring back some of that warm sunshine in your suitcase!!