Tuesday, June 8, 2010

News from Over the Ord

"Janie is with Jesus."
 It was sad to hear. But we are so glad that God took us "over the ord" so that this wonderful lady could become a very special part of our life!

 

 
Janie loved her garden and worked hard to keep something blooming in it all year round.   
 
She was wonderful helping me in the children's club for the four years I taught it. I think she did it before I got there and after I left.
 Faithful. That describes her.Faithful in teaching Sunday School, in helping with the children's club, in being a wonderful, caring friend and confidante to anyone who needed her. Faithful to her large family. Although she only had one daughter who died young, she was like a mother to scores of other children and adults.
She was special, and even though I am thousands of miles away from that wonderful place, she still will be missed. I will miss her letters that came regularly, lately in very shaking handwriting and written over a few days. Letters that described her garden, her travels in Scotland, her visitors, the food on her holidays, the local church "doings". Letters that always ended with, "Will we see you here this year?"
Yes, the reunion with her and so many of my "mature" Scottish friends will be sweet. Thank you, heavenly Father, for bringing those precious old saints in to my life. How rich I am because of what we shared!

No comments: