Yes, spring is coming! First the maple tree gets these lovely rose-colored buds/flowers, then the little helicopters. It's lovely against the pale blue sky. We had 80 degrees last Tuesday. It was lovely with the new daylight savings time. Felt like we went from winter to summer in a week. The "blizzard of 2007" one weekend, and summer time the next. Welcome to the Midwest, huh? We grilled chicken, cleaned out some recycling from the garage, began getting some of the willow twigs out of the backyard, AH! Enjoyed it immensely. Of course, I WOULD get called to sub that day. Poor kids, kept wanting me to cancel the class and run outside. One period did get done with things early, so we went out for 10 minutes. Anything helps. And it showed that I wasn't a complete ogre! *smile* However, it's back to chilly and windy. We have the day off--and Bellevue didn't call me--so I'm going to finish painting Linnea's room. Hey, don't laugh!
"The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began." J.R.R. Tolkein
Monday, March 19, 2007
Ah, more of THE TREE
Yes, spring is coming! First the maple tree gets these lovely rose-colored buds/flowers, then the little helicopters. It's lovely against the pale blue sky. We had 80 degrees last Tuesday. It was lovely with the new daylight savings time. Felt like we went from winter to summer in a week. The "blizzard of 2007" one weekend, and summer time the next. Welcome to the Midwest, huh? We grilled chicken, cleaned out some recycling from the garage, began getting some of the willow twigs out of the backyard, AH! Enjoyed it immensely. Of course, I WOULD get called to sub that day. Poor kids, kept wanting me to cancel the class and run outside. One period did get done with things early, so we went out for 10 minutes. Anything helps. And it showed that I wasn't a complete ogre! *smile* However, it's back to chilly and windy. We have the day off--and Bellevue didn't call me--so I'm going to finish painting Linnea's room. Hey, don't laugh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
If you were Celeste, you would have enjoyed it 'emencely'!
Happy first day of Spring! Time for some lime sherbet ice cream.
Aw, I miss the maples in Boston that would get the most beautiful green fuzziness on them in the spring, almost florescent. It's been crazy hot here this week, eighties, I'm scared of summer . . .
Post a Comment