Saturday, March 10, 2007

Cono Choir Tour Begins in Omaha



I was priveleged to be the first to welcome the Cono choir to their first concert of the spring tour. They came to our school and sang for elementary chapel and our high school choir. The room was full and hot, but the concert was wonderful. It was great to see Maryanna, Andrew and Eric Duble again. Then I got to RIDE THE BUS to the next concert at a retirement center about a mile from our house. Made me want to hang out with the rest of the tour. After the retirement center, we went to Grace Reformed Church where Drucie and Randy (that's his name, right?) Carroll met us. Yea, for more alumni! (Her husband is crazy funny. Wish they lived nearby!) Of course I got to sing "None Other Lamb" THREE TIMES, and at the last concert, we all sang "O Sacred Head" as well. Andrew (director) has sooo much energy. Half the fun of the concert is watching him direct. He is passionate! Excellent music. Very worshipful. I've been waking up with the words of those songs going through my mind. Great way to wake up. They left for Salt Lake City right after the concert, driving through the night. Yeah, I'm old, but I don't think I'd be too old to go too. Maybe next year..... Thought you Cono friends would like to see our picture. Flickr has a couple more.

It was great to catch up with Maryanna. It's never long enough. Talked to Eric at the retirement center while the choir got ready. He has good stuff to say about his church and his work. It's such a blessing to see the evidence of God's grace in ALL of our lives. It makes working with young people a worthwhile business! I think of myself in high school, so immature, petty. And of course what we all thought and did. Then I see Andrew and Eric, not that they were like me, but they are great men doing great things now. When I talk to my Andrew about his high school friends, I encourage him that God does continue to work with us, even after, or especially after, high school. Hallelujah!

May Cono have a blessed tour!

2 comments:

sperlonga said...

These posting times are crazy. I put this on here at 11 am Saturday morning (CT). Don't want you to think I was on here too early.

Anonymous said...

Are you posting just to tell us when you posted!!! Yep, the Cono Choir has a magic all its own and we are not untouched by it. Our church was crazy about them and said they can come back Anytime! I kept all the adults. I told everyone (last year) I got them all becaue they were all my friends! Thanks for the pics!