Sunday, May 20, 2007

Over and Out

I think about something to say nearly everyday, but when I get on the computer, I never feel like typing. I know it's been nearly two weeks since I last wrote. The last two weeks of school for us, so it has been crazy busy. Now I'm getting panicked about open house. I talked to Celeste yesterday, and she suggested I do what I had been thinking already of doing--making pasta. She said to make three kinds of sauce ahead of time and then cook the pasta right at the last minute. It wouldn't take too long. I think I'll only make two, one white and one tomato. Have some stir-fry Italian vegetables, Italian bread, salad and the graduation cake. Sounds good. My friend is going to make some bruschetta and tapenade for little snacky type foods. Now I just have to get down to the details of it all---when to make stuff, how much....yikes!! This is not my strong suit!

Will started his job last Monday; I start it tomorrow. I'm also subbing for the last time (I think) for just three periods. My favorite class, high school history. What a way to end the year! *smile* Probably tomorrow will be crowd control, though!

Andrew went to State for shotput. He ended up in fourth place! We were all satisfied with that. His last throw was his best one, and got him into fourth place. Ah, after checking out his place all spring, he finally ended up fourth. It was exciting, nerve wracking, and a relief. It was a good way to end his four years of very hard work. He persevered and was very determined. I think he'll help the coaches next year. Right now there are no new shotputters (is that a word?) coming up. One of the coaches sons is in eighth grade, and he may work at it once he gets to high school. His sister went to state for it. Anyway, it was a good time.

No comments: