
I've been substituting full time all week for one teacher who joined her family in Florida..early! It's been good so far, but I am NOT getting anything done around here. I just don't feel like doing much once I get home. MOnday Will was hacking away at the two inches of ice and packed snow that still remained in the driveway when I got home, so we worked together on that for awhile. The sidewalk is still covered... He got a bad cold and hasn't felt well all week, but he has long quiet days to get over it while I'm gone. Yesterday a friend dropped off my fruit order and we had

a quick visit over peppermint tea and Mom's sweet bread. Yummmm. I should get groceries, clean up around here, hack the ice off the sidewalk and front walk, ah, but it's cozy in here. I have to run out to church for several hours tonight, then one more day of subbing. Linnea arrives about the time I get off tomorrow, so that's convenient. Christmas shopping, hahahahahaha!! I've ordered some things. Will gave me a list yesterday. We'll see about what we can do Friday and Saturday. The weather doesn't sound too good, so maybe it will be a Christmas Eve rush. Our 28th wedding anniversary is Saturday, the 22nd. On a Saturday once again. We hope to go out with friends. We'll see what the weather's like.
We really enjoyed hearing the Messiah last weekend at Augustana College in Rock Island, IL.

Magnificent! It is really a worship service from beginning to end. The whole gospel story, all about Jesus. By the time I got to "Worthy is the Lamb" I was ready to stand up with my hands in the air! It brings tears to your eyes and a swelling in your chest just to hear those words and worship. Wow!
We also enjoyed another family get together. Seven of us grown-ups packed our car. Jenny, my sister came with us by herself. Will got there at 4am Friday after driving all night from Covenant, so he was with us. (The people he rode with were there, too!) Ron and Dennis thoroughly enjoyed being crazy together. Sometimes, one cannot even get a word of sense into them at all. Jen was trying to give directions to the college and they were messing with her the whole time. She's so good natured, she just sighs, and sits back in the seat. Oh, well.
I was a bit worried when we got up on Saturday and it began to snow. Andrew called and said it was bad here and that his friend's flight had been cancelled from Chicago. We started out and had wet and a bit slippery roads from LeClaire west a ways. DesMoines was wet and everything was dry from there on out! Yeah! Took us just a little longer than normal. I'm looking forward to a weekend at home with no Saturday afternoon practices and no out of town places to go!
Think I'll go tackle one of those jobs.....
2 comments:
After being out of the house a lot, I savor those days at home when I don't have to go anywhere. I told David yesterday that I think Mom gave us all her shopping genes. Yeah for the computer and internet shopping!
Have a cozy Christmas.
You mean like no genes at all??? Brilliant sweaters! We had nasty weather predicted for the weekend and I told Joel's mom I didn't know when I could get down to see her. It blew off somewhere else, so Lu and I ran her errnds quick and got don there to see her.
Post a Comment