Sunday, December 30, 2007

Holiday get together

All throughout the holiday season I want to get together with various and sundry friends who live nearby. I always want to do more than I actually do. We have a quiet Christmas with no family nearby, so I like to get with friends. It took me several tries, but I finally got a group together today. It turned out that both families have ties to a church I went to while in college, Walnut Ridge in Waterloo, Iowa. John Meyer grew up there and the other family, the Hamiltons have a brother-in-law who went there! Small world. Connections. I had a good time, and I hope everyone else did, too. I made lasagne. That's easy to do ahead of time and then the mess is already cleaned up. We just ate the leftover Christmas candy and cookies that were around. The time is always too short, though. Good times. Good food. Linnea leaves tomorrow, sad.

No comments: