Thursday, March 12, 2009

Just not inspired

I know, I know, it's been two weeks. I have not been inspired to write. This kind of writing doesn't get a whole lot of feedback. People read, maybe, but don't connect to me. That's OK, but I haven't felt like writing one way. And yes, I've had fun reliving some high school times with old friends on Facebook.

But also I took time to get things for the boys' new apartment, help them move in and get a little settled. Then I began planning to get Mom over here to visit while Denny's been in Hawaii--picked a great week to be in Hawaii, huh? I got her from Ron's in Des Moines on Saturday and she's been here this week. It's been very cold and very cloudy most of the week, so we holed up. Yesterday we went out when the sun came out! Now I'm trying to get her back home. I'd like to take her only to Des Moines but we'll see if we can find a way to get her home from Des Moines on Saturday. So car trip tomorrow!

I had fun judging elementary speeches at OCA today. I love being a part of the school and what's going on there. After school I am tutoring some 5th and 6th graders get ready for a Math competition the beginning of April.

This post is pure stream-of-consciousness. I don't even know if the tenses are right or the sentences make sense. That's sort of how my brain works.

I have a big new chair where I sit and crochet in the evenings....

5 comments:

linneaminich said...

Yeah, I know what you mean, if I want to write one-way I write in my journal. But I feel like I'm lacking an actual kind of forum deal where I can address a lot of people. I feel like I need to address a lot of people and when I'm not living with a lot of people and eating with a lot of people, etc. that need just doesn't get fulfilled and I am continually frustrated.

Anonymous said...

I like your new chair. It looks very comfortable for reading and conversation with friends!

Sharon said...

I am glad you're blogging again!

Emily said...

I love the chair. Den got to go to Hawaii??!! I go through times when I feel like I have a lot to write about and then times when I just don't feel I have anything to say.

K said...

::wavewave:: from Marion, IL. We've stopped for the night, will worship @New City St. Louis in the AM, and then keep trekking back towards O. We're looking forward to being back! I'm sorry I completely missed your mom. Next time!
Anyway... see you Wednesday. :-)