I know I have neglected this blogging sphere lately for my new interest in Facebook, but I have been so blessed countless times by reconnecting with old friends. They really are "forever friends". These friends that knew me in my hormonal teenage years, yet still talk to me! These friends with whom I talked and prayed and sang my way through college. I am so blessed now to be in touch with them again, to pick up where we left off, to renew the friendship as an older woman. When we moved all over the world during our Navy career, I often thought how nice it would be to have stayed in one place where grandparents, parents, and extended family all still lived. Where all my friends were still living. But now I see the richness of this life that God has given to me. I am overwhelmed by His goodness! We have little control over our plans for our lives. It IS God who guides our steps. "Man plans his way, but God directs his steps."
I've added a new blog to my list, Bob Thompson. He and his wife were great friends of mine in college. We were class officers together, we sang in choir together for two years. Linda and I were on the same hall. Our choir director often told us that our friendships would last the rest of our lives. That we would continue to pray for one another because we really knew each other's strengths and weaknesses and understood one another. It has been true! If you have time, check out Bob's blog. To think we've known each other for 35 years!
No comments:
Post a Comment