Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Family time




My sister, Jenny, came for the weekend with her six children. Friday happened to be Nathan's 14th birthday, so we had to have a big party for him! How fast they grow up! Lots of activity, lots of fun! Saturday, disappointingly, happened to be cool and rainy all day. However, we did manage to get in the pool for awhile in the afternoon. The older kids enjoyed the computer(s)! and the younger ones, the pool.

Sunday Will and Andrew came for dinner and took the three boys to the park for baseball while I made dinner. Great bonding time for cousins from 23 to 5!! Wish I had gotten a photo!



Baby cousin gave us lots of laughs at the table.
Aside from the table, he LOVES horses. It's been like a treasure hunt since they left because I'm finding Lego horses in all kinds of places. FUN! "Oh, here's another one!" Nice we have about 30 Lego horses. He never went around without one. And then he would "gallop" around the house making horse noises. It was so cute!

Uncle Denny was the obvious hit of the weekend. Since they were here from Friday night until Sunday afternoon, he was home the whole time. He was great dinnertime entertainment who kept everyone laughing! He even got in the pool with them on Sunday afternoon and PLAYED with them. They should feel honored. *smile*

And to top off the weekend, Jenny and I sang in church. I'm always wanting one of my sisters to be here on the weekend and sing with me. Finally, it happened. We sang the old Cono favorite, "Sometimes a Light Surprises". Jenny has a marvelous voice! And music in church on Sunday was incredible.

This old lady (meaning me) collapsed on Sunday evening, but it was a good tired. Thanks for a great weekend, guys!

3 comments:

sperlonga said...

One of these days, I'll learn how to upload photos and write the blog in some kind of eye-pleasing format. For now, it's a mess!!

mdiber said...

You and me both! I accidentally deleted my photoblog while trying to fix it... and it took me a long time to do it in the first place! I read a book while things downloaded! Isn't it great to have all those leftover legos? I've got a bog container of them and I keep a moving box flattened so kids hav ea big, smooth,defined space to play in.

Emily said...

aawwww, sounds like so much fun! That was sweet for the big boys to take the younger boys to play ball!