Friday, October 2, 2009

Our birthday celebration







Dennis and I have our birthdays four days apart. Usually we do something for his birthday, then the parties are done. This year his birthday was on a Wednesday, and I'm always gone for dinner that day. So we decided to celebrate together with several friends on Saturday. And everyone could come! miracle of miracles!

We sat the men at one end of the table and the women at the other. That ended up being a great idea. At one point in the evening the conversation at the women end was about breast-feeding (how did we old ladies get on to THAT) and the men were talking about diesel engines and theology! After the celebratory song and cake, the men went out to the bonfire-wish I'd gotten a picture of that- and the women stayed in the living room.

It was a great evening for good conversation and catching up with friends. I think the men particularly enjoyed the time since they rarely get together as a group and have good stimulating conversation.

Hurrah for great Christian friends, and birthdays to celebrate!

4 comments:

K said...

Sweet time! thanks friend. (though I look kind of sour in that top picture... :-)
see you tomorrow!

sperlonga said...

Sorry about that!

Julie said...

Happy birthday to you both. Hey, I see a couple other faces in those pics that I recognize! :) Hooray for good friends and good fellowship.

mdiber said...

The colors in your dining room always make your dinner pictures look so warm.