Thursday, November 5, 2009

Guy Fawkes Day Harvesting

I arrived home from grocery shopping this afternoon just as the combine was passing the back of our house on his last sweep across the field. I just stood there and watched, laden with my bags, while clouds of corn dust swirled around me. It's awesome! I never ever get tired of watching. And today is one of those perfect Midwest days, clear skies and 66 degrees!
I ran into the house after all the dust cleared, and got the camera. This is what I caught.

We're so thankful that the rain has stopped, the weather has been warm and there's been wind to get things dried out so that the farmers can get their crops out. The harvest hasn't been this late for decades.











































2 comments:

Emily said...

beautiful!!! Isn't wonderful that God gives us the ability to enjoy these simple pleasures!

Unknown said...

This is appropriate because on my calendar you put a combine for the November picture.