Tuesday, January 26, 2010

In Remembrance

Because I have all these scanned photos, I have to post this one. Today would have been my Gramma's 99th birthday.  I was the first grandchild, and she was MY Gramma! I think she made us all feel we were special. She raised her seven children mostly alone, with the help of the "village". No electricity. No running water. Seven children in nine years. Lots of diapers. Cows to milk. Water to pump. Fires to keep. Not only that but after she came to know Christ in her life, she taught her children faithfully. And they also are His followers.  "Her children shall rise up and call her blessed." What a  blessing she was to me. 



2 comments:

mdiber said...

I love this picture , too. You might have been the 'gramma hog' but do you see how I navigate the aunts and uncles???

K said...

Friend! I love this picture! And I so appreciate your recollection of your Gramma. AND I am so thankful for electricity and running water and the village!
:-)