Pests! Wintertime insect pests! They are are driving me crazy. I thought once it got cold outside they would disappear, but they seem to multiply. And when we kill them, they STINK! I think I killed close to 20 on our sliding glass doors yesterday.They are multicolored Lady Asian beetles, ladybugs, I suppose. I got this photo from an Iowa State website about insect pests in Iowa. I guess they migrated up from New Orleans where they think they arrived on some ships. The article also says there really isn't anything we can do about it. They don't really respond to normal household insecticides. We can try to seal around our doors and windows. It just amazes me that even after days of subzero temps, they still show up! They must be living somewhere where it doesn't freeze.
So I just get out tissues and squish as many as I can find. The cat takes a bat at them every once in awhile.
1 comment:
bother!
how DO they survive this cold?
(cool photo, though... :-)
Post a Comment