Friday, July 30, 2010

Sing and talk until you're hoarse!


Cono Homecoming is about singing. We sing so much that our poor unexercised vocal chords give out! I feel like such an amateur when I'm singing with this crowd. They sightread The Messiah! Here we are singing happily through the familiar ones, and sweating through the unfamiliar, at least to SING the parts! Oh, but what a taste of heaven!


It was so fun to have time to catch up with old friends. We laughed at old stories. Cried at touching stories. Rejoiced in growing families. I talked to some alumni that I had never talked to before because they were way ahead of me in school. Now we're all the "same" age! Good to make new friends. So sweet to bond with old friends.


For me Cono is also about the PLACE. I love where I grew up. I love the wide open space, the big sky, the flowers, shrubs and trees. I love the brilliant sunsets and the peace and quiet!




Of course, the Cono Homecoming wouldn't be the same without a soccer game!

1 comment:

mdiber said...

Nice blog. I can't pick a favorite pic, but the farm one is oooo-lala