Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fear Not, Stand Firm, And See

That's how I started off our memory work for my class last week. It gave my students three pretty "visual" phrases to help them memorize their verse. And they did a good job! Our lesson that week was on the crossing of the Red Sea. The Egyptian army behind, the deep waters of the Red Sea in front, what to do? And then Moses says to the people in Exodus 14:13:
Fear not, stand firm and see the salvation of the Lord which he will work for you today.
In yesterday's lesson, which finally came together by afternoon, we wandered around the desert for awhile. At each of our "stops" we were reminded of this verse. No water. No food. Enemy army. Absentee leader. Grumbling. Complaining. An impossible conquest... "Fear not, stand firm...."

We never stop learning those lessons. And hopefully my students are set on a life course to remember what God promises. Fear not. Stand firm. I have one boy who is shall we say very lively. Some weeks I become VERY exasperated! However, this week when I asked who remembered the verse from last week, he whipped the whole thing off WORD PERFECT. His background is pretty rough and he only comes to church on Wednesday night for class. I pray that the Word will transform his life!

And we are seeing God work for our family as well. Linnea phoned yesterday to say that she got her "dream job" at the school where she's wanted to work! We are so happy for her! So she will be moving this summer and beginning a "real" full-time job! Praise the Lord!

Our "Gramma's House" project is moving ahead as well. We had a WONDERFUL trip to Minnesota the beginning of the month. Entertained the neighbors for dinner one evening and my cousins for Sunday dinner. Hopefully, the beginning of many more meals together!
AND Will got a job in California, and Andrew comes home for the last two weeks in May!

1 comment:

K said...

"fear not" is a constant refrain for me, and it runs must run parallel to "for I am with you."
I'm excited to be with you, friend, to hear details of these stories in person!
blessings today!