Saturday, September 10, 2011

Words from a friend to a friend

I don't have time to write all that I would like to write about our friend Grant. I will save it for a later blog. Today was his funeral, and I want to share some words with my friend Trish from a friend we both know who also lost her husband many years ago.

After telling me that her husband had died peacefully in his sleep the night before our friend writes:

"We are like a small ship that has come into the harbour after a long and stormy voyage, and our captain has disembarked, for this was his destination and for the moment we are resting in the shelter of the harbour, though we know that in a few days we have to leave this calm and secret place to face again the rough and stormy seas, and captainles, the crew is a willing one. And we have the sure knowledge that there are many havens like this one, formed by the great enfolding walls of God's grace and His salvation."

No comments: