"The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began." J.R.R. Tolkein
Monday, October 17, 2011
One Fine Weekend
Most of my posts lately are about my trips to the "homestead". This is another one. I keep Facebook updated, but I don't write at length about my doings on my blog. Those of you who only keep up with me here, I'm thinking of you!
The weather was fantastic! Better than summer because there were very few, if any, bugs! Warm dry days. Cool mostly clear nights and a nearly full moon. What more could I ask? A longer stay, perhaps.
I had wonderful visits with cousins, too.
Raked leaves, dug around in the shed and found an old trumpet still in its case and an old wooden
wringer washing machine patented in 1899!
It's heavy so I couldn't pull it out, but it sure would be interesting to clean up and really get a good look at.
One evening my uncle and I enjoyed a bonfire complete with a howling coyote!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh cool! (Except it's actually a trombone.)
I love your Minnesota updates
Haha! I wrote trumpet instead of trombone. I KNOW the difference!
Post a Comment