Yeah, after that last blog title, I decided you all needed something a little more cheerful when you visit! June in the Midwest is usually a lovely month. Emerald green cornfields, starry evenings, brilliant sunsets, perfect temperatures and lots of golden sun. Yes, we still have days of gales, but the in between days are brilliant! We had wind this week a couple of days. When the forcast calls for a "windy" day, it means around 40 mph. We had gusts over 60mph! Branches blew out of trees all over. We lost one out of this ancient willow tree behind the house. It was so windy, at times one could hardly stand up! Needless to say, it wasn't one of my enjoy-a-book-by-the-pool days. The photo is another in the year watching the corn grow! We do love living at the edge of fields like this. It is so peaceful, albeit incredibly windy. Evenings are just perfect; and I feel they are all just a taste of heaven. Even my Florida raised husband loves living in the Midwest! Especially when he can spend a Sunday afternoon floating around the pool.
I'm enjoying the hours working at the garden center. It's only for five hours a day, keeps me out of trouble, gives me a little extra money, and I can take care of and talk about plants. It's fun, and it's nice being with Will, too.
Looking forward to the Johnson family reunion! We got the schedule this week and it looks like it's going to be a blast!
No comments:
Post a Comment