The stomach virus attacked us this week. First Will got it on Tuesday morning early. Then I got it yesterday. I haven't had anything like this maybe in decades. Last time I remember, it was in Scotland before either boy was born! And this was worse. The hell part comes in when one wants a drink so badly, yet knows that there will be severe consequences if one drinks! Argh! The Bible talks about the man who wanted Abraham or someone to touch his tongue with water to relieve his anguish. Awful thought to have that feeling for eternity.
So as not to leave you there, Will is completely recovered. I went to work for four hours today instead of five. That's four more than I was going to work. I'm supposed to make tiramisu for a dinner we're having tonight. And I'm having guests for dinner tomorrow night. First, I think I'll finish my chicken noodle soup and take a nap.
3 comments:
I am sorry! Hope you are fully recovered by the time you read this.
We are having massive amounts of work done on our house this week. Good to have it done, but I find the process a little disorienting.
Feel better.....
but the nice thing about being sick is that you have an excuse not to do anything! but that's hard when things need to be done anyway . . .
For those of us who have never had terminally ill diseaeses, we can't imagine life getting worse than it is when you are hanging your head over the side of toilet with your insides racing to to be outsides! Today is my last day of duties. Tomorrow is our Shakespeare festival, for which I do not have any duties, and then I am cleaning out!
Post a Comment