Friday, June 29, 2007

Britain's Got Talent and Paul Potts

OK, OK, I'm modifying this blog. Forget all the links I made below. I've been looking at other sites and found his official website that someone typed in as a comment on YouTube. It's paulpottsofficial.com And I'm putting up the link to that site here. There are lots of videos of far better quality than the YouTube ones since they are the official ones, and there's a video of him on the Today show on the 21st of June. Anyway, Den and I have watched him sing several times and we can't stop being choked up.

I just read a short "Quick Take" in WORLD magazine about this Welsh cell phone salesman who won the British take of American Idol. The article said that his performance was on YouTube. What made it even more intriguing was that, the article states, he came out saying he was going to sing opera, his suit didn't fit properly, he had a bad haircut and isn't a particularly handsome man. So I had to go to YouTube and watch it. For one thing, he sings "Nessun Dorma" which I can never listen to dry-eyed. Here's the link to the performance, this part isn't very good quality. And here's the link to the actual awarding of the prize and another performance. This one is way better quality. Now let's hope these links work. If they don't, you can find it yourself on YouTube. It is worth watching!

I'm modifying this post with another link. This time he sings "Time to Say Goodbye" and it says it was the semi-final round, so I guess he sang this one and that got him into the final, which is link #1 above. Anyway, I must be a pushover for great tenors. This guy is so unassuming, you have to watch it. The last link also includes him talking and giving some background about himself.

No comments: