Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Work, work, work


I have been working so much lately that Sunday was more than the usual blessed relief. Monday came again and I was back at it. I am happy to have lots to do. Most of my work has been outside of the house either in the yard or away from home, so the inside has a rather deserted look.
Last week, on one of the days I was up at school helping to pack boxes, I came home with bags of magazines. Now generally I am a thrower. I throw EVERYTHING away. That was good for the teacher I was working for, but one of the reasons I was helping this teacher is that I like looking at his books and the magazines were all various history magazines. now there is a pile spread open on the floor by the chair. Hours of interesting reading lay ahead....

I am enjoying my job at Lowe's. I'm really happy that it's only four hours, though. I can handle 8-12 OK. And it will give me afternoons to read by the pool.

The weekend was all about getting yard stuff done. I got the deck partly painted, the railings and the outside are left. I simply ran out of energy. I got all my pots planted, but I have some annuals left to plant in the ground out front. That garden needs some serious redoing, so it's annuals for the time being! Denny hung a gutter on the garden side of the garage in order for me to catch rainwater. Just in time, too. It's full after today! AND he got the pool open. That's always the big spring job. That deck just needs a little touching up.

Will is working the same job I am only at a different store. So that's kept him occupied for a week now. He's waiting to hear about another job that is supposed to last a year. Andrew is not feeling too great about his life right now. He's maybe going to look in to doing something different. He's having a hard time, and this mother-heart hurts for him, too. It's hard to figure out what to do, and at 21 the years of one's working life seems eons.

And Linnea turned 27 yesterday! I talked to her briefly last night. She and her friends were playing a game we got her for Christmas. She said it was her best birthday yet!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I was going to leave a fun comment and it just slipped out of my head while I finished reading the blog...DARN! I think it was funny too...I hate that!