We had a lovely snowbound Christmas. It was really nice to get up and open our presents while snow swirled around outside. We kept watching the drifts pile higher and higher. By late afternoon Den went out to try to get a headstart but came in after a couple of hours feeling like he'd hardly made a dent! We went out Saturday morning when things calmed down and shoveled and ran the snowblower for 2 and a half hours. Andrew's car was completely buried! It just so happened to be in a drift place, and it's not very high off the ground! I think the side next to the fence is still up to the top of the car. The battery is dead, so we can't move it to get at the snow. Will got his car shoveled out yesterday so he and Linnea could go to a movie. Incentive, you know.
Our celebration begins Christmas Eve usually by going out for Chinese and then to a service, but this year the blizzard was roaring and we weren't THAT in to Chinese. So I made an Italian dinner, nothing extravagant. Then later we have panettone and champagne and open a present. It was Will's Settlers of Catan. So we (Den and me) learned how to play that before we went to bed.
We usually have a very lazy Christmas Day. We nibble on this and that all day and have dinner about 3 or 4. They watched Series 3 of BlackAdder that they got for Christmas. More crazy, twisted British humor...The family was very cooperative with my attempts to get a decent family picture. And no one missed not having the flaming pudding this year! I used to get it at World Market, but they all closed. So I never got one. I love it, but the rest of the family really only likes it for the fire! I had bought the crackers last year. We watched the new Harry Potter movie and then played another game of Settlers of Catan, or maybe the other way around.
Linnea and I are crocheting squares of all different patterns to eventually put together into an afghan. Crocheting is a good movie-watching activity. As is drinking GALLONS of tea!! :)
Today, praise God, the SUN IS SHINING! Hopefully, the nearly bare place will clear of snow.
2 comments:
I need someone to tell me how to format these posts. The photos are too big to fit text, and then the paragraph space are inches wide unless I take them out, and then they go to nothing! argh. I'm leaving it....
Is your picture format set to "none"? That way you can write above or below your photos. Not sure about paragraph spaces ... you could try taking out indentations and just separating paragraphs (or is that what you already do?).
I love Linnea's short hair!
Post a Comment