Monday, December 14, 2009

Mental block

I should be writing a lesson for my Wednesday evening class, but I'm writing this hoping to prime the pump.

Last lesson was on "LIGHT". Jesus being the Light. Christmas and Light. I had just finished reading Not Without My Daughter and was so struck by the darkness of Islam. The lesson was forced upon me practically. So obvious is the light we have in Christ. So dark was the world before the coming of Christ. So dark is the world to those living outside the light of the Lord Jesus Christ.

But now I need one more Christmas lesson. Most of the children have grown up in church and are either homeschooled or go to a Christian school, so the regular story of Jesus' birth is very familiar. I'm thinking about JOY and PEACE for this week. Hence my stalling. I need to think how to develop it into a lesson for 9-12 yo's. AND come up with some kind of activity.

I went to Bible Gateway and read verses with "joy" in them. Now THAT will lift your spirit!

Since I'm still "priming"...in other news... We had more snow today. But it's stopped now. We had a super letter from Andrew on Friday. He said things are going really great for him. He sees God at work in him and for him and he's so grateful for that. He sees answers to his prayers, and sometimes even before he asks, he says. Thank you so much to you who have been praying for him. He really sees the result in his life. He is doing well physically as well and sounds very happy. He goes to Pensacola, FL January 6th. We're looking forward to boot camp graduation December 30th.

In preparation for that trip and because of our getting stuck experience last week, Den bought four very good tires for our car on Saturday!

OK, maybe I'd better get back to work....

3 comments:

K said...

I've been pondering a lot on light, and Light, this season, but haven't taken time to really study. Maybe I should come to class on Wednesday... :-)

Glad the news from your sailor is all good.

dyount said...

Hey Rach, don't know how you're doing on the joy thing, but... We had a new believer baptized on Sunday and when they did the children's teaching for Christmas the person read the verse that there is more joy in heaven when one sinner repents... then emphasized that Jesus came for the joy of redeeming sinners...that he "might destroy the works of the devil" Gives me joy I tell you!

mdiber said...

I think good tires are like good shoes.... indispensable!!!