Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Quick trip to Virginia Beach

Last Sunday, after I came home from Minnesota, we decided that we were going out to Virginia to visit Andrew before his ship deploys later on this month.  God put the trip together in an amazing way. We found round-trip tickets and a rental car both for good prices, then our friends from college offered their beachhouse just feet from the beach at Virginia Beach!


We flew in to Norfolk on Saturday arriving just after noon. Met up with Andrew on the ship. He couldn't get off until midnight, so we left him and went to the house.


We drove past our old house not far from the Naval Air Station. We lived here from 1983-1985. Cute house! Andrew spent that night with us, and we went to our old church together on Sunday. Even saw some people we knew!
We drove down nearly to the North Carolina state line to Northwest where we lived from 1989 to 1992.  The trees have grown and more have been added, but this was our house those years. We've never been back to that area since 1992!


After lunch we spent some good time down at the beach! It had rained most of the day and it began raining while we were down there, so we ran back to the house.

Andrew was so thrilled just to sleep in a bed, take a long hot shower and sit around in a house. Monday when he got off he and Denny stayed up at the house while I went and played in the waves. I think it was very relaxing for Andrew to get away from the ship and be in a house. We're so thankful for how it all turned out!

The last day was forcasted to be thunderstorms. It was marvelously sunny all day!!! And after dinner we went and walked on the beach by the light of the near full moon. And to think, this is the Shadowlands!

1 comment:

K said...

I am thankful that you were able to be with Andrew and I am thankful for the blog! Miss you already. :-)
We all start school tomorrow- I'll keep you posted.