Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The tea cozy

 Linnea got a new teapot for Christmas, and she also wanted a tea cozy. I really didn't want to buy one and the knitted directions online looked too complicated for my level of skill, so I looked at the one we have. It was crocheted and I figured I could do pretty much the same thing. I would do a few things differently on the next one.
I chained 35 and double crocheted 25 and alternated rows single/double for the top ten. I crocheted 22 rows catching only the back of the stitch to give it the ribbed look. I made two and then stitched together the top 12 stitches and about 6 on the bottom. That way the handle and the spout have a place to come out. Finally, I did a row of single crochet around the bottom. But this is what I'd do differently. I'd single crochet all of the top 7-8 stitches. Ten made the top part too tall. If I make the top shorter then I could do a row of trim there, too.

I think I'll make some more. It was really fast to make. And fun too. And Linnea is really happy with it, that's best of all!

No comments: