Inspired by "Prone to Wander", I thought I'd share a hymn from my morning devotions. My mom regularly writes us inspirational bits from her reading also. Our hymnbook, The Trinity, has several hymns by Horatius Bonar. All of them make for good devotional reading. This one is from the section of the hymnbook on the opening of worship.
Here O my Lord I see thee face to face;
Here would I touch and handle things unseen,
Here grasp with firmer hand th'eternal grace,
And all my weariness upon thee lean.
Here would I feed upon the bread of God,
Here drink with thee the royal wine of heaven;
Here would I lay aside each earthly load,
Here taste afresh the calm of sin forgiven.
This is the hour of banquet and of song;
This is the heav'nly table spread for me;
Here let me feast, and feasting, still prolong
The brief, bright hour of fellowship with thee.
I have no help but thine, nor do I need
Another arm save thine to lean upon;
It is enough, my Lord, enough indeed;
My strength is in thy might, thy might alone.
Mine is the sin, but thine the righteousness;
Mine is the guilt, but thine the cleansing blood;
Here is my robe, my refuge and my peace,
Thy blood, thy righteousness, O Lord my God.
1 comment:
Good choice! I especially like that 4th verse- "It is enough, My Lord, enough indeed." We won't get into the truths of those old hymns compared to modern choruses that repeat again and again... :-)
Post a Comment