Sunday, August 5, 2007

Some new links and their memories

Another of the lovely benefits of the Internet and computers, besides our ability to communicate so easily with so many, is the ability to take virtual visits back to places in one's past. Rocking chair--computer chair--travel. Without jet lag. So I have included some new links from our travels over the Ord and back. A couple are over the Ord and others are much farther south! Those of you who read this that have traveled parts of the road with us will enjoy seeing the sites. Ah, Sperlonga in August what memories we have of that place in this month. The first year we lived there, we parked at the top of the hill and walked FOREVER through the town and down the steps to the beach. Oh, the view through the town is fantastic, white-washed walls, cascading bougainvilla, fountains, the basket weaving stand, fruit stands, gelato.... We were ready for the water by the time we got down there. As the years passed, we found better and better ways to get down there, and we became friends with the people of Lido Grotta Dei Delfini. Koberniks, Arnolds, friends from Scotland and America all spent happy hours with us on this beach. So enjoy it, people!

I tried to find our happy place in Kinlochbervie from 1994. One can find similar places and scenes. We spent a marvelous week in a cottage on the west coast of Scotland with our friend Elizabeth that summer. We are SO in her debt for that week! It had no TV, no computer, only books, games, a fireplace and acres of hillside near the sea. What more could one ask? And we even had great weather. So visit one of the sites and go to the west coast for wonderful views. If you'd like to stay in a lovely spot in Orkney, I've linked a friend's self-catering cottage. I would love to stay in that cozy spot!

So, when it's 90+ degrees here in Nebraska, I can just sit back and take a virtual holiday to all my former homes...over the Ord and back.

I found that tea site on Moot Thoughts and Musings. Really looks like a fun site!

And I found that Quill and Nail while googling our name, maybe I said that already. But it looks good. Today he has something about John Piper. I've only seen the page, not read the article yet.

Comments welcome! Enjoy your tour!

No comments: