I think he had a good summer. He is a thinker more than a talker, so when we did talk, it always gave us something to think about. He's a Barak Obama fan, and is working on starting a college democrats group. We'll see how his school year goes.
I'm doing OK having put two of my children on planes in the past week. I suppose one gets used to it. Now I guess I start my real life. Andrew is grown up with an adult job. The other two will get there eventually. Just as Will is a little panicked about this being his senior year and Linnea is panicked about writing a thesis and applying for PhD programs, I'm trying to find my niche. One grows up and has kids, but one doesn't think about what happens after that! So I suppose I'm in a transition phase trying to find my new self.
For now, though, it's get the wash finished and set up some kind of plan for teaching the children at our church on Wednesday evenings. So far no one has a plan, so I'm going to spend the rest of my day working on SOMETHING. It will be fun. At least maybe I'll get tonight planned.
Cheers!
8 comments:
Thanks for the bagels and good company after bidding William adieu! We always enjoy our conversations and laughs! Smiles!
Way to go Will! I think the best way to bump off Hilary Clinton is Barak Obama!!
And way to go Administrator Woman! I knew you would find your niche!
Well, as a word of encouragement, I'm sure grateful that you are teaching a bunch of those said kids... (I know their folks pretty well and they could use some help... HA!!!!) I KNOW, am absolutely certain, that God has good plans for you as a grown up. Hey- we need an administrator for ESL.... :-)
Oh, but I don't think I'm administrator woman!!!!
My dear sister, if a had a penny for all the times I have looked at a mess or new situation and thought, "If only my sister were here, she'd have this put to rights in no time!" I could be a rich woman!!!!! You have that organizational bug that kicks in right away, that takes weeks or months or yearts to find its way in me. When I think of "just any job" I check most possiblities off, because people wouldn't want me. It takes me three weeks to get used to a new schedule, I have no sense of time. I do strange things with numbers. That leaves me out. Maybe God has placed us far from each other so that I would learn and not say "Rachael, Help!" Actually, I did have an oldest child friend when my kids were little, and she did help me see where I could do things differently. At school I always knew whom I could call and they would have answers within seconds or minutes for something I was totally puzzled over. I know more of what I don't want to do, than what I want to do. What I want to do is starting to creep in and ESL is on the list, of all things.
And for all the times I have laughed when I remember you saying "Melinda, when are you going to put this away?? It has been sitting here for two days!!! I just don't know where to go with it, dear, or else I would! I guess I am telling tales.....with love
Nec possum cum te vivere nec sine te.
There, I split the infinitive! I must be feeling sadistic this morning!
I didn't know you could split infinitives in Latin, I always heard that's the reason we have the "don't split infinitives" rule in English, to make it more like Latin. So would "Nec cum te possum vivere" be the unsplit version?
I suppose one always uses "possum" next to the infinitive of the verb? Like in Italian? non posso dormire!!!
One has to adjust to each child leaving separately but look at all the women who have gone through the same thing before you.....and lived through it. You actually learn to like it. Adjustment isn't always easy but our kids seem to adjust very well without us.... for some silly reason!!! Then they grow up, have children and start saying a lot of the same things we said to them!! Enjoy and come and see us.....both of you. Liz
Post a Comment