Here we are enjoying lots of warm sunshine and extended family time. After days in the car, we finally arrived here on Tuesday about 4:30. Den and I got to visit with his mom for awhile before driving a few miles into the country to his sister's. We're staying out here in the middle of the southern forest. Pine trees all around. Stars are bright, birds are loud and things other than that are quiet. It's great. Very relaxing and peaceful.
We had a lovely Sunday at Sycamore with Mom and our friends there. The pastor was beginning a series on the history of reformation at Sycamore. Max Belz and Bill Calhoun figured significantly in this week's lesson. I was even mentioned as one of their first teachers. Nice Sunday to be there. It's always nice to catch up with friends there. Several of their church young people are at Covenant, too. Too bad Harvest doesn't push that school like it should!
Monday we drove to Liberty, Kentucky to Celeste's. We had several showers, but overall a lovely drive. Arrived there about 5 ready for a good dinner! We don't feel too hungry while we drive so Rachael's blood sugar gets a little low by the end of the trip.....need I say more. However, after a most wonderful lasagna dinner and lots of laughter, thanks to Denny, I was feeling lots better. We had a super evening talking and laughing. Mom can't handle Denny after awhile, so she went to bed. Well, she was probably exhausted after our nine hour drive, too! The Peterson family appreciates Den's humor, though. Tuesday morning I practically had to drag him out of there. As long as people laugh, he keeps the stories coming!!!
What a beautiful drive on Tuesday through the Smoky Mountains! Through Kentucky, Tennessee and down into central Georgia. We're just outside Vidalia.
Pictures coming once I get home and can upload them! We go up to Covenant tomorrow for the big celebration. Will just called to say he got an "A" on his SIP! Yippeee!
2 comments:
:::waving:::
Enjoy your weekend!!
So when we want Dennis to go home, just quit laughing at his jokes. We'll remember that!!! Miss you Rachael. Come home soon!!!
Joetta & Bill
Post a Comment