Tomorrow we go to Cuzco and then hike the Inca Trail from Saturday till Tuesday, getting to Machu Picchu at dawn (apparently that´s the big deal) on the last day. Very exciting, I got all my hiking gear my last few days in Columbia so I´m all ready . . . hopefully. Anyway, after that we go to Arequipa (so you can follow this on your map), where there are canyons and volcanoes--it´s also close to Lake Titicaca--on Wednesday and then come back to Lima Friday night to fly out the next morning.This is what happens when they watch Carmen Sandiego while they're growing up! They learn about all these places and then have an insatiable appetite to see them. I'm glad she can do this. Poor Andrew is feeling like he's going to be George Bailey, always wanting to "get out of this crummy old town and see the world". He's just got to find someone to do it with!
"The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began." J.R.R. Tolkein
Thursday, May 15, 2008
My Happy Wanderer
Linnea is off to Peru! Amazing that young people can just decide to take off and go. She went with a friend from SC, and they are going to do the Machu Picchu hike. Click on the word and it should take you to the tour that I'm guessing she's on. Here's what she wrote about the rest of the trip:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
If I was changing the look of my blog after reading about Linnea's travels, the primary color would have to be GREEN!!! Green for jealousy!
Have a wonderful adventure, Linnea!
We have good friends from DE that are going to Peru as missionaries this summer for 3 years with MTW. Three cheers for Carmen Sandiego! My kids used to watch that too.
Thanks for the sweet intro...I love the pics.
that's funny, that's the exact site we booked it through. there are quite a few out there.
Post a Comment