Monday, August 4, 2008

Higher Throne

I couldn't remember the name of this one when I was writing about the other Getty songs, but this was the one we sang yesterday. The music swells as it gets to the chorus and is so beautiful! I tried to listen to the track on the website, but this is the only song that wouldn't play! My only "complaint" in listening to them online is that the woman that sings them sings in a what I'd call, "twangy" southern/country style. Why can't they sing in a normal voice? So just reading the words will uplift and encourage you! I love this song! We sang it right after we read the verses from Revelation about every nation and tongue standing and worshiping before the throne.

There is a higher throne
Than all this world has known,
Where faithful ones from ev'ry tongue
Will one day come.
Before the Son we'll stand,
Made faultless through the Lamb;
Believing hearts find promised grace—
Salvation comes.

REFRAIN
Hear heaven's voices sing;
Their thund'rous anthem rings
Through em'rald courts and sapphire skies.
Their praises rise.
All glory, wisdom, pow'r,
Strength, thanks, and honor are
To God our King, who reigns on high
Forevermore.

And there we'll find our home,
Our life before the throne;
We'll honor Him in perfect song
Where we belong.
He'll wipe each tear-stained eye
As thirst and hunger die.
The Lamb becomes our Shepherd King;
We'll reign with Him.

2 comments:

Emily said...

To some people the southern/country style IS normal! :)

Julie said...

What a lovely song. I've never heard it before but the words are fantastic.