Friday, August 1, 2008

So much to say, so little time..

Yeah, yeah, yeah I know, I didn't write anything yesterday. I really wanted to because I wanted to have more blogs for July. I still think I beat my old record of 22 with that silly blog. Anyway, tonight I'm just going to list some things I've been thinking about blogging about. And my problem with not blogging is because my friend Darby introduced me to a new mystery series.... Ah. Poolside, mystery, in the pool with the mystery. Good times. Anyway, here's my list of potential blog topics:
  • spurred by an email forward, I may blog about some of these emotion-inducing rumor-laden emails I get about a current presidential candidate. Why don't people research before they forward these?
  • My week with Asher Lev (some of you may know who he is)
  • A great book by Tim Keller, The Reason for God. I read this a month ago and am still digesting and trying to think what I'd like to write
  • My morning with Darby and our great conversation
  • Shopping and lunch with Beth, my bargains, not hers; lunch with Nora
  • Wedding shower supper
  • Delightful church music. Have you heard of a guy named Getty? He wrote "In Christ Alone" and several other contemporary hymns. Fantastic music and words!
  • Our new car
Like I said, I have plenty to say. Maybe tomorrow...

3 comments:

Emily said...

I think Steve Townend wrote "In Christ Alone". He is a popular contemporary hymn writer. David just read "Reason for God" and really liked it. We are big Tim Keller fans. He is actually a huge part of why we are in church planting. I should read that book.

Emily said...

Did you read "My name is Asher Lev"? I have that on a book list that I made up from WORLD mag a few months ago.

K said...

Hey~
so much to comment on, so little time...
I got one of those Obama forwards yesterday. Makes me crazy (if I knew how to italic here, crazy would be in italics!).
I'm looking for the next Asher Lev.
can I borrow the Keller?
worship music has been so very sweet.
who gets to drive the new wheels?
thanks for coming to my party. :-)