Sunday finally cleared when we crossed into Florida. Sun at last! And it
Monday we went to Siesta Key, a beach that will forever spoil you for any other beach. Oh, my goodness. A very wide beach with sand as white and soft as baking powder, tourqoise water feeling as warm and soft as silk. The waves were marvelous, too! We were very good about sunscreen and never got burned at all.
Tuesday we went to Bradenton beach and walked just under three miles, b
Dennis' family lives there, so both nights (Monday and Tuesday) we had family time, cards Monday, restaurant on the beach Tuesday. My friend Trisa came both nights.
Tuesday evening we found out that Dennis' mom had fallen and broken her hip. We were planning to come up here to Vidalia anyway. We went directly to the hospital when we arrived yesterday. And today Dennis is spending the day there. It gives him a good one-on-one time with his mother, as long as his step-dad doesn't dominate the conversation....
So I'm sitting here alone, catching up with friends' lives on FB, reading blogs and just kinda hangin out!
Columbia and Linnea's big graduation celebration tomorrow. Graduation is Saturday, we leave to go there tomorrow. Andrew's 21st birthday tomorrow, too! I'll have to call him real early....!
2 comments:
Congrats to Linnea!!! I guess this means she Finished the Thesis! I am catching up on the blogs! I wrote one but it didn't show. We have been having a memory problem so I dunno what's going on!
beautiful pictures! The Gulf is more green there than in Corpus.Looks like you had a nice time.
Post a Comment