Day by day and with each passing moment, strength I find to meet my trials here.
Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment, I've no cause for worry or for fear.
He whose heart is kind beyond all measure, gives unto each day what He deems best
Lovingly each part of pain and pleasure, mingling toil with peace and rest.
Every day the Lord himself is near me with a special mercy for each hour.
All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me, He whose name is counselor and power
The protection of His child and treasure is a charge that on Himself He laid.
"As your days your strength shall be in measure" this the pledge to me He made.
Help me then in every tribulation so to trust your promises, Oh Lord
That I lose not faith's sweet consolation offered me within your holy word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting e'er to take as from a Father's hand
One by one, the days the moments fleeting, till I reach the promised land.
"The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began." J.R.R. Tolkein
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Day by Day
Sunday music isn't just for Sunday. And when I help lead worship, the music starts on Wednesday! I love getting those songs in my head for the week. This week another song started on Saturday, so when it came time for an offertory song, this one was ready. It also happened that my two friends also love the song, so one played viola and the other piano. It's a Swedish song and all of us have that heritage, too. I also sang it in college choir. It's started out my morning today, so I thought I'd share it before I go to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It certainly did sound nice on Sunday!
One of my favorites!
Post a Comment