"The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began." J.R.R. Tolkein
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Green and Gold. Good smells. Home smells.
Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? I subbed today in Bellevue. It was one of those "need a warm body" days in a resource room. (Do we wonder why the public school system needs so much money??) This is the same class where I subbed a few years ago and read, O Pioneers all day. That day I got the book finished. Maybe I was a little more diligent than today. But today I got just over half-way through A Swiftly Tilting Planet. For some reason, I'm in to Madeleine L'Engle lately. I was hoping it was on Linnea's shelf when I got home, but alas, I'll have to go get it from the library. The title of the blog entry is a line from that book. I thought it described me and my house. Andrew thinks I paint everything green and yellow. Well..... And I used to write letters to friends in the summer and talk about Iowa's green and golden evenings...ah. Green and golden. Good smells. Home smells.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You kmow what I was thinking this morning when I woke up. "I love green and yellow!" Actually I painted the kitchen and the living room 2 differnt yellows. The kitchen is light creamy, but definitely, yellow. The living room is that color between the wick and the top of the candle flame. very warm. I love it. I have an aversion to dark colors. Others do it successfully, but I just need bright to look at every day!
oh yeah, I have most of my Madeleine L'Engle here. I just reread that book back in June.
Post a Comment