Sunday, November 18, 2007

More work in progress....

The work center. This is the reason I haven't been blogging. I've been working on this room or else substituting. I've been at a school three days out of the week for the last three weeks. That's good, but when it rains, it pours. I scramble from one job to the next.

In our frenzied attempts to rid our house of the mouse infestation that seemed to be taking over our lives, we ripped out a closet in the bedroom that used to be a garage. Not only did we just take down the frame of the closet, but we ripped out the walls, too, thinking we'd find the mouse nest. No such luck, but we haven't seen any more mice in there. Hence, the room is now getting a much needed makeover.
It used to be Andrew's bedroom. Then Den bought a TV that I didn't want up in the living room, so he put it down there. Andrew moved up to Linnea's old room and the room became the media room. It had never been redone since we moved in 8 years ago, and it's been stuck in the 80's ever since. Oh, except we ripped out the navy blue/rose wall paper that was on the wall, and primed the walls. So, as you see, the rose-colored carpet is now gone. The walls were so badly marked up from darts, holes punched in the wall, irregular wallboard seams (before our time) that we decided to wallpaper it with paintable textured wallpaper. I'm nearly finished. As you can see, though, we have a few wallpaper problems, too. Hopefully by the time the gang comes over for Christmas they will enjoy the new media room-fit with new sound system as well. Looking forward to it!

2 comments:

yolie said...

Yikes, you have been busy, haven't you! I admire you! I'm such a wimp when it comes to tackling big projects like that -- I just let Manny take care of it. You're my hero.

C and J said...

Can't wait to see it! Sounds great!