I thought that this would be a good day to bake bread, made some real good stuff,using the onion potato water. I boil potatoes just to get that potato water for bread. I was just about done baking when our neighbor across the street , Anne, called and said she was coming over with some supper, she had to walk thru that deep snow, well I said I will have something for you too. She had made a beef and veggie pastie and a Danish, long flat cookie with raspberry jelly on it , rich and good. I gave her a small loaf of bread I had put parmesan cheese on it when I rolled it out, also two nice big hamburger sized buns.
Then an hour or so later there was someone at the back door , the neighbor across the other street, Wisconsin St. the Dad and his two boys with shovels, to shovel out the drive, I told them to knock at the door when they got done I would have something for them. I gave them the long loaf of bread with some of my jelly. Now if I had not made bread I wouldn't of had some thing fresh to give them. Our steps are ordered by the Lord.
"The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began." J.R.R. Tolkein
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
God's providences and my mom
Friends ask me how my mom is doing so I thought I would post her last email to the family. God is so faithful in caring for her. She is a wonderful, thoughtful lady and it all comes back to her in wonderful ways. I thought my readers (who aren't my sisters and have read all this already) would enjoy hearing her testimony to God's love and care for her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That was very touching, thanks for sharing. You are so BLESSED to have a Godly Mother!
Marcia
I may have to drive up and check out the back door and see what is cooking. C & J
This is such a wonderful story, and it sounds just like her, and like you, too! (Who brought us yummy lunches when we were doing moving and packing things?) Please give her hugs from us! We will look forward to seeing her soon!XOXOXO
Your Mom is one of the most cheerful and wonderful people I know! What a wonderful letter from her, thanks for sharing!
Looks like you've been busy, eh...so ya'll are in Nebraska now, right? How do you like it?
Post a Comment