Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What's going on?

My fan base is going to dwindle if I don't get on here and post some new blogs. I have been working a lot lately, as you can tell. The only thing about subbing for the local public school is that most of the time the calls don't come in until about 7am!!! Then it's a big scramble to get ready and rush out the door. I do appreciate the pay though. Last week I had two calls like that, both on the snowiest days of the week. This week, though, I got the second call just before 6am. I heard Andrew walk down the back steps to the garage and then the phone rang. It's early, but at least I can get a good quiet time in without rushing about. Today, at last, no phone calls. I woke up hoarse and coughing, so it's a nice break to sit and catch up on the news and write. I have a stack of books, too, but I think I'd better catch up on house work and laundry.

On Monday Andrew met with the friends from whom he wants to buy a house. Sounds like it may work out. He has to make a counter offer and look around for good loans. He has thought things out quite thoroughly. Den keeps saying how much he likes having Andrew around. Of course I like having him around, too. He sort of tempers my erratic personality! Yeah, our kids grow up and leave, and we miss them. That's life....

2 comments:

jess&mich said...

R, I will always be a faithful fan!!!

yolie said...

Wow! Good for Andrew! Good time to buy a house - it's a buyer's market right now.