Friday, February 1, 2008

So I love to write

You can tell that I don't have enough to do, right? Depends on what you call "to do". I suppose I have plenty. BTW, the appliances are fixed.

I was talking to one of my sisters the other evening about writing. I find this sister very interesting and one that is warm, encouraging and always has good stuff to say, but she doesn't like to write! I wish she would. (Now if I was still her teacher, I could make her! *smile*) We're all different, even if we are related. I find the writing of my sister that does blog most stimulating. She uses great words and expressions. She can make things in writing sound just like they do if she's saying them! I'm not as creative as she, but I do love to write.

In my "spare" time I was perusing the blog I've titled "John Piper's blog" it's really a bunch of people's blogs under the title, "Desiring God". I found Noel Piper's blog about writing and thought I'd link it. She gives several suggestions, many that I have used, too.

So if you're hesitant about writing but think you might like to try it, check out her suggestions. We all love to talk, so why not just say it with our fingers on a keyboard. I feel like I can communicate even without leaving my house.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So did you get your rolls baked?? That sounds so cozy and yummy. I saw that blog by Noel just after we had talked. :) I wish I had a burning desire to write...just don't. Oh well...I've thought about starting a blog. maybe that would be fun. hmmm

jess&mich said...

You can too write! I'd much rather hear from someone's heart than read how eloquently someone's words can be strung. And I so love hearing your heart! But I do understand your frustrations as well. I just sigh after reading an excerpt from ANY of Jane Austen's works. She must've been quite the spitfire back in her day - can you imagine talking like her in everyday conversation? (I'm double checking if I used the right term. I called my self a spitball yesterday. Jesse said, "Do you mean that you are a spitfire?") Jesse is the one gifted with the art of writing. I am however, aside from using words in their inappropriate context, am cursed with the habit of cicumlocution.

BTW, I did enjoy the excerpt you shared by Noel. Thank you for that! I look forward to reading more from you!

Anonymous said...

Grace Haymes is writing a book about her dad!
BTW, we call spitballs spitwads.
And sometimes I feel pretty dry when I write. so I'm glad you enjoy it.
Hail, O Emo!