Just one more quickie before I type up my lesson for tonight... Today my friend Sharon took me out for my birthday. She has been so kind ever since we met several years ago when I was her daughter's teacher. What an encourager! We went to a little bistro in Countryside Village and had simple, but most delicious food. Part of our visit was intended to catch up on her recent trip to Ireland. Ah, what lovely scenery, broad vistas, fog enshrouded mountains, burnt yellow painted houses along the village street and stately cathedrals, castles and monasteries. She also brought me a packet of delicious Oat Crumbles that I'm munching on while I sip tea. (Preparing to get that lesson typed....!)
I'm so thankful for ALL my friends! What a glimpse into the fellowship amongst the Trinity a good friend is. Sometimes I wonder if my friends are more important to me than God, but then I realize that my friends show me God. Our friends reflect different facets of our personality. Some I am just plain crazy with. Some help me to think through issues. Some keep me cheered up; some bring me back to earth. Some sharpen and stimulate and some sooth and encourage. Some of them do more than one of these things! Some go back to my childhood, some I've only met recently. I wish they were all nearby, but that's what heaven is for...one thing anyway! Thanks, Friends!
BTW, Den is planning to run the Sioux City marathon on October 20th! He figures if he's already done all this training, he may as well keep using it. Some people are gluttons for punishment... He is inspiring to others, though! Stephanie's dad told me today that Den has inspired her to get out there and run!
Little did I know what a jock I married 28 years ago!!!
1 comment:
Thanks, Rachael! Could've talked with you for a couple hours more. How true is all you've said about friends....
Congrats to Dennis - "he's the man"!
Post a Comment