Saturday, September 15, 2007

Porridge weather


It's 10:15 and not even 50 this morning. It was 39 when we woke up. Poor Den was pacing the floor knowing that he had to get out and do his run in that freezing cold. But I stayed in the house and enjoyed my Bob's Red Mill Scottish Oatmeal.
This is especially delicious because the house is 63 degrees and I don't want to turn on the heat! (BTW, the first mouse of the season just showed up! argh!)

When we first came back to America from Scotland in 1989, I brought oatmeal back with me. Then we visited in 1990, and I did the same. Every visit I'd bring it back. Then I found Bob's Red Mill when I was in Wild Oats. It's exactly like what we got in Scotland! It was expensive there, so I ordered a 20 pound bag online. When that was finished, I found it in Baker's grocery store. It isn't all that cheap, but I get a little at a time. We brown it and eat it like dressing with roast chicken. Most delicious. I have yet to make oatcakes, which I LOVE!

So grab a bag of porridge oats, make yourself a bowl of porridge and a pot of tea and welcome autumn!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We caught our first mouse of the season, too!

Anonymous said...

I've seen that porridge at Whole Foods.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could cook some up for Em~!