Monday, March 24, 2008

The ark of the covenant

Yes, I know it looks like a cedar chest. It is, and a very old one. But I call it the "ark of the covenant." My grandmother, my dad's mom, got it from her parents when she got married way back around 1921 or so. She told me years ago that as a young mother she knelt and prayed at this cedar chest until she found her peace with God. To this day, it reminds me of the blessing of the covenant family. I relish those promises. I kneel here at times and pray for my children. I know there is no special "power", but I like to think that special power is God's promise to be a God to me and my children. That's a pretty powerful promise! I hope you're praying for God to fulfill His promise to you and your children, too!

2 comments:

Julie said...

What a gorgeous chest! I am on the look-out for a cedar chest, I think they are so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What a special piece! Have I ever seen i before? I've been catching up on your blog and flickr today. I've posted a few more on flickr, too and I'll do some more soon.