Saturday, March 1, 2008

The ding-y microwave

After telling Chuck this story today, he thought I should blog about it. Here's the story:
That's not dingy, as in dirty, but ding-y, like ding, ding, ding. Yes, this microwave dings when it feels like it. Particularly, this thing does not like cold. And cold is below 65F. In the winter I turn the thermostat down at night to 60 or 61. Sometime in the night, it rebels and begins to ding. Sometimes once or twice, sometimes it sounds like an alarm clock. It can be very irritating if we're sleeping upstairs. Yet, Den has gotten up from our bedroom downstairs and come up and unplugged it because it was driving him nuts. It is crazy! It never does it when it's warm, though. Then in the morning I have to slide my fingers over all the numbers a few times (it must like a massage), then clear all the numbers before I can push the correct numbers. It's very frustrating if one doesn't know this trick. So Chuck thinks I need to give it a blankey and night.... Think that would work? If anyone has any clues as to why it does this, we'd really like to know!

5 comments:

yolie said...

I think you have a possessed microwave. It's time to get a new one :-)

K said...

I was thinking the same thing as yolie!! :-) And even if it's not, any appliance that requires a massage is much too much work!

Anonymous said...

I said, "Give the micro a blankey! It will then be a happy micro." Lovely story!!!C & J

Anonymous said...

And you are wonderful hosts!!!!!!Thanks so much!!!C & J

dyount said...

I read this to Ethan and Jakob and they giggled hysterically, especially Ethan. I think a new microwave is under a hundred bucks now...