I never want to have an adventure when I travel. I want to get where I'm going when I plan and how I plan. I don't want any interruptions or surprises. Of course, it doesn't always work that way as you well know! But Will hasn't really had any major trauma in all his years of traveling,( well if you don't count walking around Bradford,(is that where it was?) England all night or spending a whole day getting to Scotland from there last Easter break....)
Last night was the CONUS (continental US) experience. He was scheduled to leave Chattanooga at 6:15. I had booked a flight that would fit getting through his Friday classes and still getting home "early" evening. I paid $30 extra to get the flight with a short layover in Chicago, so the trip would be smooth and short. THAT was the second mistake. The first one was to book it through O'Hare in the first place. Problems started in Chatta, though. He didn't leave there until 9-they sat on the plane the whole time waiting! About 9:30 CST he phoned from Chicago and said he made the connection because the plane that was supposed to leave Chicago at 8:30 wasn't leaving until 10:30. As it was, he didn't leave until after 11:30. BUT he phoned about 10:15 to say he was on the plane. We looked at the airport info, however, and it showed it coming in about 11:30. So because our lovely friends, Chuck and Judy were staying here, Chuck and Dennis took off for the airport while Judy and I stayed cozy here at home. At about 12:15 Den called and said there was no record of any more flights coming in that night. Neither one of us (me on the computer) could see any coming in to Eppley. So he said he was coming home. Then I thought I'd try "flight tracker" AND THERE IT WAS 7 minutes from Omaha!! So I quick called him back. Then later he phoned and said he couldn't find Will and didn't know what gate or anything. So I got on United's website, typed in the flight number, AND IT GAVE ME THE GATE! So they found Will *smile* senza baggage, however. (Maybe it was too late for people to unload the planes??) They delivered it today. By 1:15 am, we had our Willy home! That late night gave me a headache all day. We're sooo thankful that Chuck and Judy were here, because if they hadn't been here, both of us would have gone to the airport, given up, and gone home, only to have Will call and wonder why we weren't there! So God was in the working of that motor home (sorry guys!) and kept our friends at our house for the night. Of course, I didn't tell them ahead of time that Will was coming, for fear they wouldn't stay. Travel adventures DO make for good stories, though! AND AREN'T WE THANKFUL FOR CELL PHONES?!!!!!!
1 comment:
And we are so very blessed to have such wonderful, thoughtful friends!Besides, it gave us a chance to catch up, and the breakfast was delicious! Many thank you's!XOXOXO, Judy
Post a Comment