I was going to write yesterday, and it was the observation of the Sun and the first day of spring that inspired me. However, you see THAT didn't happen. And today there's no sunshine. Well, as in streaming across the floor and up the wall. It IS daylight!!! Gloomy, though.
I love noticing how the Sun moves across the wall as the seasons change. Yesterday being the first day of spring, it came straight into the east window and shone brightly on the west wall. Right on the happy hibiscus bush, which is getting a bud by the way. In midwinter in shines way in the northwest corner of the room when it rises. I'm glad I live where the sunshine can come into the house and it's not blocked by buildings! Another harbinger of spring, the robin, has arrived. I saw my first ones on March 8th. The next day as I walked along the bike path I saw nine of them in the field. I love the way they sound. I left the sliding door slightly ajar the other morning during my devotions so I could listen to their chirping. I'm hearing red-winged blackbirds, too, but I couldn't see where it was. They have a lovely chirp, too. The SOUNDS of spring are just as uplifting as the WARMTH of spring. Now I just need to get some energy....
No comments:
Post a Comment