Saturday, March 15, 2008

Let the feast begin!

This is the weekend we've been counting down to, Perry and Kelsey's wedding. Perry is the "farmer boy" in those early photos I took on the combine. He feels like one of our kids even though we have known him only about five years. What a comfortable person to be with! And his bride is just as sweet, although maybe more fiesty! *smile* And a lovely soprano with whom I LOVE to sing!
I have the privilege of singing with a group of their friends and relatives during the wedding. Boy, I feel like I'm in the big league now. They are a bunch of very talented people! The two songs we're singing alone-and a capella-are the Gloria Patri and Be Still My Soul.
Last night we enjoyed the relaxed rehearsal dinner at Lake Manawa in Council Bluffs. It was fun to meet Perry's family and to catch up with
friends that we don't seem to sit down and talk to much, as well as get to know new people. I looked around and thought some people looked familiar, but then I thought maybe I just saw them at Ellen's wedding.
We look forward to the big celebration today! Weddings are so fun!!

2 comments:

K said...

Yay for weddings! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.