- Monday I got the house cleaned up after the weekend.
- Tuesday I took the tree down and cleaned that mess up. Got groceries. Car washed.Went out with church ladies in the evening to Wheatfields. Good time.
- Wednesday was run-around day. Got my hair cut. Ran around looking for a good deal on a new artificial Christmas tree. Got one for $30! All set for next year! Went to church to teach my class.
- Thursday I subbed for the Chemistry and Physics teacher. Great classes! They all got down to work...and I crocheted! Thursday evening my uncle came in with his friend Frank on their way to Minnesota. My aunt died on Saturday, so Lester was heading home. We had a rather hectic dinner prep since I didn't get home until nearly 4. Andrew comes in on Thursday to eat on his way to class, so he needed to eat by 5:30. Lester and Frank arrived at 5, so I burned the skirlie, sprayed milk from the mashed potatoes all over the counter, and Andrew ate standing up in the kitchen talking to me while I tried to regain my composure!!! Dinner went great once we got there! Football was the evening entertainment.
- Friday morning we were all up and out early. I did sit down and eat oatmeal with my guests before they left at 7:30 and I left to teach 5th grade at 7:45! That was another wonderful day. Friday evening Will was out, I talked to Linnea for over an hour, then Den and I played rummy.
- Saturday mornings I always talk to my mom for an hour and then sit around in my housecoat reading blogs, Facebook and just enjoying the slow morning. Andrew and Stephanie showed up about 11:30 while I was still looking my best. :) I made them some brunch and we all had a good visit before they headed out to the SAC museum. Got cleaned up after that!!! The presepe got put away and the Christmas stuff on the sideboard. Nice and tidy in there now.
- Sunday is always a good day. Great worship music in church, great sermon. I think we have the best church here ever! Sunday lunch lasted for a couple of hours. We bring out the tea pot and a bowl of nuts after dinner and we all sit and talk for a long time. It's the highlight of my week! As long as no one fights! :) Then last night Den and I went to Bill and Joetta's for supper in their new house! We had a great game of cribbage afterwards. Joetta and I let the men win this time...we don't want to hurt their fragile egos!!!
- God is faithful in all the little things, the daily activities. I'm so thankful for good times as well as the provision of all my needs both spiritual and physical. It IS a wonderful life!
"The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began." J.R.R. Tolkein
Monday, January 12, 2009
Guess I've taken a blog break
I didn't mean to. Last week just flew by! I thought once the holidays were over, I'd have quiet days enjoying warm living room sunshine, reading books, tidying up. But things got moving rather quickly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment