After looking and not finding the small packages of Scottish Oats in the grocery store where I usually got it, I ordered 25 pounds from Bob's Red Mill. It came last week. (See date on bag!)
I figured it would not be good to just store it in the paper bag, even though we do eat it up very fast. So I filled 13+ bags that can be vacuum sealed.
Now we have enough oats to last us until... maybe summer?
I made oatcakes last week that turned out delicious and lasted only a few days.
Think I'll make some more today.
Recipe:
1 1/2 c. oats, 1/2 flour 1/2 t. sugar, 1/2 t. salt, 1/4 t. baking powder, 1/4 c. butter . Cut together like for a pie crust, slowly add 1/2 c. hot water. Roll out about 1/4 in. or less (depending on how thick you like them) on a floured surface. Cut in triangles or with a cutter. Bake in 325 degree oven about 25 minutes. Cool on rack. They are delicious with cream cheese, cheese, butter and jam...anything you'd put on a cracker. And so healthy. All that oatmeal! Boy, am I rich!
1 comment:
And I was just going to ask you for the recipe
Post a Comment