Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Sweet Evening


Empty nest for a week!

Will left yesterday morning for the big celebration, so since it was just the two of us for dinner, I thought I'd set it up downstairs in front of the fire.

I pulled the couch up, set up two benches and covered them with a tablecloth. We ate minestrone, and the rigatoni with tomato sauce and stir-fry onion-zucchini, red pepper from the night before. Candlelight and a bottle of petit shiraz topped it off. We sat down there until after 9.


We're ready for a long weekend of just the two of us!

Who says there's no romance after 30 years?

3 comments:

K said...

you crazy lovebirds... :-)

Anonymous said...

I didn't say there's no romance!

Julie said...

Just catching up on my blog-reading ... you guys are inspiring! How I wish I had a fireplace!

I loved meeting your friend Kristy at REV last week. Thanks for introducing us (knowingly or unknowingly) via blogging!